Sunday, April 19, 2009

Organized to the MAX!

This is a compensated review from BlogHer and Office Max:

If I had to chose one sentence that sums up a big part of my personality, this quote would definitely be in the running:



"...to really be effective, organization has to be part of who you are and how you operate and NOT something you force yourself to adapt to." -Peter Walsh



Ding-Ding-Ding! I have always been organized...VERY organized...to the point where I absolutely cannot concentrate if working in a cluttered, messy environment. So, when BlogHer and Office Max invited me to (1) participate in a compensated review and (2) attend a webinar featuring the organizational guru, Peter Walsh, I eagerly accepted. You may have seen Walsh on The Oprah Winfrey Show, TLC's Clean Sweep, or perused one of his four books. Recently, he has joined forces with Office Max to produce a line of functional and efficient tools to help de-clutter your home office or workplace. I was lucky enough to receive preview samples of these new items!

Now I must admit that while watching the albeit entertaining webcast, I was having trouble figuring out how this home office system would apply to me- a full time stay at home mom of four 20-month-old quadruplets. In fact, I laughed when I glanced over at my "home office"...surrounded by baby gates.



I thought back to my glory days as a Charge Nurse- running the Operating Rooms for an outpatient surgical center. I had to be extremely organized to staff the rooms, assist in surgical scheduling, order medications, arrange necessary medical equipment for various surgeries, etc.


There were stacks and stacks of papers to keep up with and these Office Max products would have made my life a whole lot easier!


Hmmmm...that was THEN...but how can I apply these items to my life NOW...


My organizational skills are used in a very different way...


HEY!!! THAT'S IT!

From the very first day that our children were born into this world, we began accumulating medical record upon record...TIMES 4! (Me and hubby with our four babies taking up an entire corner of the NICU- August 2007)


The growing stack of papers can be quite overwhelming at times--making it extremely easy to become disorganized and disgruntled! So, I got out my nifty new In-Place System and began color-coding folders for Savannah, Benjamin, Ethan, and Andrew. PERFECT! Now each child will have their own color-coded folder full of important information. In fact, this new system would be a great way to catalogue those precious pieces of child-artwork and school project mementos.


And no worries if you need to transport your files/folders--just slip them into this handy dandy file tote with sliding handles. All pieces of Peter Walsh's In-Place System work together with reusable folders and erasable markers. VERY COOL!


Please feel free to check out more of these great, new products at http://www.officemax.com/.






I also LOVE Office Max's private label brands like DiVoga and TUL. Such fun, bright patterns!--They would definitely spruce up any office space!

How cool would it be to win a $200 Office Max gift card? All you have to do is follow this link and leave a comment to enter the contest!!! Enter to win a $200 Office Max gift card from BlogHer and Office Max.


Finding peace in your daily life, comes from having a system that works specifically for you.

"The word 'organize' and the word 'organic' come from the same place. Organic is to be whole; to be complete. That's what organization does. Organization actually helps you live a richer, fuller, less stressed life." - Peter Walsh


You can check us out for yourself over at Steece's Pieces: with four, precious, full-o-energy, action-packed tots...

...this organized Mama has definitely found a new way to live a richer, fuller, less stressed life.

I'm curious to know what areas of YOUR house could use a little reorganization??? (Hmmm...that's a tough one, but I'd have to go with...the closet under our stairs! Eeeek!)

post signature


23 comments:

Paula said...

Definitely the home office. It seems to be a dumping ground for everything.

Elyse said...

What a SUPER MAMA :) Organization must be top priority for you guys! My hall closet, dare I say it, is chaos(ly) organized, but does need work!
~Elyse~

6 Worleys said...

i have been a follower of both of your blogs and absolutely envy every part of yu and your life!! i'm on a mission of organizing my entire house. it seems like the every day of hussle and bussle we found ourselves throwing things here and there. the " every thing has it's place" motto is often preached but not often excersied. well good luck with all that organizing!!

Unknown said...

what fun new products. I definitely the home office here could use a major overhaul. I am on it, but its coming along slowly!

KK @ Running Through Life said...

The home office needs help! Well, my home office does...my husband's office is pretty organized!

da momma said...

very nice! thanks for the encouragement ...NOW where do i start? :)

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Love it! I am like you, very very organized. Even though, I do not work nor have children, my husband is a teacher and coach and that requires me to stay organized so that I can stay a step ahead of what the days happenings are.

jag said...

Ummm... ALL OF IT could use help right now!

Momma-of-5 said...

Suz - LOVE the idea of color coding. I do now for "stuff" (like sippies and blankets) but hadn't thought about file folders & stuff.

I think my pantry can use a little more organization...especially now that I'm doing Grocery Game.

Shannon said...

I was on this webcast as well. I learned a lot. I am sooo NOT organized. :/

Frugal Jen said...

My side of the closet needs some help... badly. My husbands side is color coordinated and organized then a bomb when off on my side.

Marti said...

My basement is calling for me to come organize even right now. But alas, my four children are calling more loudly.

You're a mommy after my own heart. I love to organize!

Kelly said...

Anywhere here could use help!! :o)

KSDallas said...

My filing drawer! I have a flat stack of all the important papers and just keep adding to the top of it!

Stacey said...

Oh my since the triplets have been born the piles of medical eob's x 3 are a HUGE mess. Great review.

Allenfamilyadventure said...

I want to be organized SOOOO badly, but where do you start? We're moving in three weeks and my life is chaos right now!!

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus} said...

Love the review - actually makes organization look fun :-)

Jessica said...

I work outside the home, but would definitely need this for all the papers strewn about at home! In addition to the always paper-heavy taxes and bills and records, we also have a pile of papers we try to get organized for our son's adoption! Would love to know they are all in a safe and easy-to-access place.

Would love to have the chance to try it out!

Sara M said...

Yay for getting organized. These things look super easy to maintain and would certainly make life a little easier.

Neta said...

This post really motivates you to get organized!

that girl said...

Great review. Makes me want to get organized NOW!

Anne said...

What awesome products! I would definitely say that our guest and master bedroom closets need the most work.

Barbara Schantz said...

As a mom of two sets of twins under the age of 5 and owner a start-up company, my office and entire house are in constant need of organization! Sadly, my office is probably the most clutter place of all.

BTW, I'd love to have you review the Baby Dipper bowl and spoon set, but could not find a way to contact you without making a comment. Please visit babydipper.com and email me if you're interested. Thanks!