This is a review for Yummie Tummie *Yummie Tummie did not compensate this post. They provided the tank as an appreciation for highlighting their product on our blog.
A LOT can happen to one's stomach during pregnancy (and a quadruplet pregnancy at that!) Take a look at what my body has been through in the last 3 years...
OUCH!...I tried to upload a pic of my current stomach but alas, it wouldn't work...(tee hee hee). Oh well, here's a visual: endless rows of stretch marks- looks like I've been mauled by a mountain lion...not to mention a substantial amount of loose, jiggly skin from all of the stretching. DEEE-LIGHTFUL! Definitely have to have a sense of humor about these things or I would cry! ;)
I have become obsessed with wearing your average cotton tank top under every piece of clothing- just to hold in the extra pudge. However, these tanks just aren't cutting it for me...not enough support. So, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to review a tank top from Yummie Tummie. These popular tanks have been known to smooth, shape, and slim even the flabbiest of skin---I was more than eager to give it a try!
I ordered the "Boyfriend", Medium, Regular length in White ($62)
Here were the results (and btw- I am NOT pooching out nor sucking in...I wanted these results to be 100% authentic):
As you can see, it definitely smoothed out my love handles, back fat at my bra area, and lovely muffin top! However, I have an abnormally LOOOONG and wide torso and this particular style did not fit my body type very well. The tank kept riding up, the stretchy middle section did not cover all of my stomach, and the bustline was too small for my chest. So, I returned this tank for a different style and length. The staff at Yummie Tummie were SO helpful and the exchange process was a cinch (FYI: all tags must be attached to the tank for an exchange/return)! If you're not sure which tank would fit you the best, just give them a call and a customer service representative would be happy to help you find the perfect fit!
Round 2: The "Strappy", Medium, Long length in black ($72)
The extra 3" of coverage was exactly what I needed for my long torso. The adjustable straps & larger bustline were PERFECT to fully cover my chest area. I'm not particularly fond of the tank showing on the outside of my jeans---the longer tank should be worn underneath the jeans.
I walked around my living room for a couple of minutes to show how the tank will rise and wrinkle if you do not tuck the tank into your jeans/pants, etc.
THIS is how the tank should be worn- under the jeans/pants:
MUCH BETTER! I feel like I am constantly flexing my stomach when I am wearing the Yummie Tummie tank- LOVE the way the tank engages my core. I have more confidence and I am not paranoid about fixing my pooch when I sit down---you know, pulling your jeans over the stomach roll? (Tell me I'm not the only one!) I also love the fact that if I have to lean over or bend down---say, chasing my rugrats around the house---my glorious stretch marks are hidden by the tucked-in tank top!
Things I ♥ about wearing the Yummie Tummie tank ("Strappy" style):
- sucks in my pudgy areas and instantly makes me look slimmer
- I feel more confident in my appearance
- adjustable straps for a personalized fit
- the long length covers my long torso
- very comfortable: the thin, slick fabric doesn't cling to clothes and keeps me cool; it is also tag-less
- SO many fun, colorful styles to choose from- you are bound to find the perfect fit for any body type!
- Shapewear Line includes: Tanks, Bottoms, Apparel, Intimates, Nursing Tanks, and Plus Sizes
- You can purchase easily online, or use the store locator to find the closest retailer
Things to consider:
- expensive: the various styles range anywhere from $62 to $108
- tends to ride up and wrinkle if not tucked into my pants
- sometimes wrinkles on my bum and shows a t-shirt line; needs occasional readjusting
Overall, if you have the need (and necessary funds)- I would highly suggest splurging on Yummie Tummie products!
Here's the FuN PaRt! One reader will win a $100 Gift Card to Yummie Tummie! To enter, just visit the Yummie Tummie site and comment below with what tank you would love to win from their fabulous shapewear line.
The contest will begin on 1/21/2010 and will end 1/28/2010. Make sure that the e-mail address you leave is correct!
No duplicate comments.
This giveaway is open to US Residents aged 18 and older
Winners will be selected via random draw, and will notified by e-mail.
You have 48 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
Plus there are extra entries available & other chances to win!
1) Check Out My Quad Mama Buddy, Gen McNulty's Yummie Tummie Review and enter a comment for another chance to win
2) Visit My Other Quad Mama Buddy, Jen Murray's Yummie Tummie Review and enter a comment for another chance to win
3) Become a fan of Yummie Tummie on Facebook and leave an additional comment on this blog letting me know you're a fan
4) Tweet about this giveaway, and leave an additional comment to let me know you tweeted.
Ladies, stop sucking in---you're gonna pass out! Relax and let this tank do all of the work for you! ;)
Thursday, January 21, 2010
A Non-Invasive Tummy Tuck, Courtesy of Yummie Tummie!