This is a compensated review by BlogHer and OxiClean.
BlogHer: "Suz, would you like to review 2 brand new OxiClean products that have the ability to lift the toughest of stains (while making whites whiter and colors brighter)?"...
Suz: "Umm, do I live in a house with 4 rough and tumble 2.5 year olds???!"
"U Betcha!!!!" Just take a look at our family blog!
So, how do these products work?
Power Pak- No more messy liquids or powders! Just toss 1 power pak, along with your detergent, into the washing machine while filling. (For high efficiency machines, place 1 pak directly into the drum before adding laundry) Doesn't get any easier than that, folks! Paks will dissolve quickly upon contact with water.
To remove extra tough stains: Toss 1 power pak into a gallon of the warmest water allowable for the fabric, allow mix to dissolve, add clothes and soak for 1-6 hours.
Gel Stick- Place Gel Stick directly onto the stain, pressing down to dispense the concentrated gel. Rub into fabric and allow to stand 5-10 minutes before washing in the warmest water allowed for the fabric. For BEST results, treat stains immediately. (or, if you're like me...you can wait about a week and still get good results from those nasty, set-in-stains!)
There is no doubt in my mind that these OxiClean products would have prevented MANY different articles of stained clothing from ending up in the garbage over the past several years. The Max Force Power Paks and Max Force Gel Stick worked wonders for our laundry. I'll let the pictures do the talkin'...
Meet Savannah. My darling daughter who has a sweet tooth the size of Texas. Sav recently indulged in all sorts of sugary treats while celebrating at a birthday party.
I was cringing inside- thinking of all the stains that were forming on her brand new lollipop shirt!...wondering if I would be able to work them out. And like many of the stained clothing in our household- the shirt sat in the dirty clothes hamper for almost a full week! (I know, I know- some call it lazy, I call it extremely busy!) On day 6, I treated the stains using the Max Force Gel Stick and threw it in the washing machine (along with a full load & a Max Force Power Pak). Whallah!
Not only have the stains disappeared, but the color is absolutely amazing! These OxiClean Max Force Power Paks unleash active oxygen (hence the "Oxi-" in the namebrand) which BOOSTS laundry detergent--resulting in colors that POP!
How about gray sweats with marinara stains? No problemo!
As you can see, we get LOTS of food stains around here...
And in case you were wondering, a Mexican food restaurant after church (with our nicest Sunday attire) is just askin' for stains.
...but the OxiClean Max Force products are equipped with 4 different types of stain fighters and are safe for all colors and temperatures--even those "Sunday chinos"!
I thought for sure that we would be throwing these 2 white shirts away. You see, Mama was "busy" again, a week went by, and I completely forgot to treat the stains (are you seeing a pattern here?). But for the sake of this review, I thought I would try it anyway---the true test, right?!
HOLY COW! I'm a believer!
Things I ♥ about the OxiClean Max Force products:
- Work as advertised: lift our stains (even stains that have been sitting for a week!) and brighten our clothes
- Smell GREAT! (and who doesn't love good smellin' clothes?!)
- Save us time & money by not having to re-run the washing machine over and over- trying to scrub out stains
- Safe for any type of clothing in any temperature
- Convenient and easy to use
- I'm seriously going to keep these products on hand at ALL times!
Things to consider:
- I have not had the opportunity to test these products on tougher stains (grass, blood, soil, grease, etc)
- Gel Stick is somewhat messy, but easily cleanable
- Retail Price: Stick~ $4.99; Paks~$7.99 (but worth every penny in my opinion)
WANT TO WIN A $100 VISA GIFT CARD?! ---
Leave a comment and tell me: "What was the WORST stain you have ever acquired?"
My answer: "the ridiculous nosebleeds while I was pregnant with quads!...blood everywhere! EEK!" (could have definitely used some OxiClean power!)
The contest will begin at 3/9/2010 and will end 3/31/2010. Make sure that the e-mail address you leave is correct.
- No duplicate comments.
- You may receive a 2nd entry by linking on twitter and leaving an additional comment with the link.
- You may receive a 3rd entry by blogging about this contest and leaving an additional comment with the link.
- This giveaway is open to US Residents aged 18 and older
- Winners will be selected via random draw, and will notified by e-mail.
- You have 48 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
- Please see the official rules here: BlogHer.com rules page
Make sure you check out the BlogHer.com special offers page for 7 other chances to win the $100 Visa gift cards PLUS a grand prize $300 sweepstakes is located on the round-up page as well!
You guys could be winning FREE STUFF! It is SO easy!